[ga] Re: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge

I congratulate Jeffrey Neuman on his statement on the neulevel.biz homepage,
and his intent to defend the integrity of the .biz registry.

This is wholly appropriate and a positive action.

Obviously Jeffrey needs time to deal with a difficult situation, but I think
many consumers feel grateful for his responsiveness and willingness to
engage when serious matters arise.

I certainly wish the .biz Registry well, and I want my .biz names to be part
of the success of .biz

I hope that Neulevel will take whatever steps are appropriate to defend its
reputation, and challenge the actions of anyone who has flouted the spirit,
rules or integrity of this new TLD.

To publicly identify the difficulty and commit to protecting the Registry's
integrity is open, honest and a step towards sorting out some problems which
Neulevel certainly did not want.

Thanks for signs of proper leadership.

* * * * * * * * * *
From: Jeff Neuman 8th April 2002

All,

The following note was statement was placed on the NeuLevel website this
afternoon:

Statement from Jeffrey J. Neuman
Director, Policy and Intellectual Property
April 08, 2002

Last week, NeuLevel, Inc., initiated an inquiry relating to matters
concerning recently registered .BIZ names that were a part of the
Round-Robin Process for the "Group 2B" domain names. NeuLevel is working
with the Registrars and the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers (ICANN) to make a complete analysis of its findings and provide
recommendations on further action.

NeuLevel remains committed to preserving the integrity of the .BIZ domain
name space, the world's first and only Internet domain established to meet
the unique needs of businesses. NeuLevel appreciates your cooperation and
patience in this matter.