[ga] Re: [GTLD Registries List] RE: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge

Jeff and all,

Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> The following was posted on our Website this afternoon:
>
> Statement from Jeffrey J. Neuman
> Director, Policy and Intellectual Property
> April 11, 2002
>
> NeuLevel, Inc., today announced that it has placed on "registry hold" some
> .BIZ domain names that were recently awarded in the Round-Robin Process for
> the "Group 2B" domain names.

  This is a step in the right direction, but is still not sufficient.  What
would be seemingly required is that either ALL of the domain Names
in question are placed on hold, they are removed/deleated, or
a list of which of these "Some" that you mention have been put on
hold so that the public can gain sufficient trust that this growing problem
is being addressed in a open and transparent manner....

> This action was taken in cooperation with the
> Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and in response
> to potentially abusive domain name registration practices. NeuLevel is also
> analyzing whether these names were registered in violation of its
> restrictions document, which can be found at
> http://www.neulevel.biz/ardp/index.html. NeuLevel intends to work with ICANN
> and the .BIZ Registrars to complete its investigation and provide
> recommendations on further action by early May.

  Why would it take two or more weeks to make this determination with
the information that Richard and others have already provided you with
that your staff should have been doing in the first place?

  What processes or steps are being considered or put into place
to prevent this sort of fraud from happening in the future at
Nuelevel?

> NeuLevel remains committed to preserving the integrity of the .BIZ domain
> name space, the world's first and only Internet domain established to meet
> the unique needs of businesses. We appreciate your cooperation and patience
> in this matter.
>
> END OF STATEMENT

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827