[ga] Re: Open Letter to Mr Jeff Neuman from The Internet Challenge

I also notice at www.Vitty.com that in the "News" >> "Press Room" page it
says "Sinonet.com is the only Registrar company accredited by ICANN in
Taiwan"
Am I right in understanding that Mr Chou and his wife run both 007names and
Sinonet.com?

Am I right in interpreting that one ICANN registrar applied through another
ICANN registrar (as it happens, maybe both owned by the same company)?

I'm not saying this is terrible or this is wrong or anything. I'm just
enquiring and asking questions and trying to dig a bit deeper to the actual
facts.

My primary question to ICANN and Neulevel is: what are the rules, because I
think this has an impact on other consumers.

I'd also be grateful if you could take a look at these .info Sunrise details
and the list of names that follow that were also registered to Paul
Chou/VittyCom/Webex/JoyceLin/007names in the Sunrise phase:
Domain ID:  D56981-LRMS
Domain Name:  HOUSING.INFO
Created On:  09-Aug-2001 22:34:01 UTC
Expiration Date:  09-Aug-2006 22:34:01 UTC
Trademark Name:  houseing
Trademark Date:  2000-05-23
Trademark Country:  Taiwan
Trademark Number:  03224235
Sponsoring Registrar:  007 Names, Inc. (R150-LRMS)
Registrant ID:  C141547-LRMS
Registrant Name:  007-VIT-0000001
Registrant Organization:  Vitty Inc.
Registrant Street1:  11F-6, No.81, 2nd Sec.,
Registrant Street2:  Cheng-Der Rd.
Registrant City:  Taipei
Registrant Postal Code:  10356
Registrant Country:  TW
Registrant Phone:  +011.886225493456
Registrant Email:  joyce@webex.net
Admin ID:  C141772-LRMS
Admin Name:  Paul Chou
Admin Organization:  Vitty Inc.
Admin Street1:  11F-6, No.81, 2nd Sec.
Admin Street2:  Cheng-Der Rd.
Admin City:  Taipei
Admin Postal Code:  10356
Admin Country:  TW
Admin Phone:  +1.886225493
Admin Email:  joyce@webex.net
Billing ID:  C141772-LRMS
Billing Name:  Paul Chou
Billing Organization:  Vitty Inc.
Billing Street1:  11F-6, No.81, 2nd Sec.
Billing Street2:  Cheng-Der Rd.
Billing City:  Taipei
Billing Postal Code:  10356
Billing Country:  TW
Billing Phone:  +1.886225493
Billing Email:  joyce@webex.net
Tech ID:  C141772-LRMS
Tech Name:  Paul Chou
Tech Organization:  Vitty Inc.
Tech Street1:  11F-6, No.81, 2nd Sec.
Tech Street2:  Cheng-Der Rd.
Tech City:  Taipei
Tech Postal Code:  10356
Tech Country:  TW
Tech Phone:  +1.886225493
Tech Email:  joyce@webex.net

* * * * * * * * * * *

and all these:

007-VIT-0000001 anything.info
007-VIT-0000001 celeberity.info
007-VIT-0000001 diabetic.info
007-VIT-0000001 homepna.info
007-VIT-0000001 housing.info
007-VIT-0000001 ipsec.info
007-VIT-0000001 lastmile.info
007-VIT-0000001 moviestar.info
007-VIT-0000001 mutualfund.info
007-VIT-0000001 outdoors.info
007-VIT-0000001 providers.info
007-VIT-0000001 recruiting.info
007-VIT-0000001 shows.info
007-VIT-0000001 supplier.info
007-VIT-0000001 tldnames.info
007-VIT-0000001 tradeshows.info
007-VIT-0000001 vpn.info
007-VIT-0000001 whoiswho.info
007-VIT-0000001 wholesaler.info
007-VIT-0000001 wholesalers.info

More .info Sunrise names of Joyce@Webex.net
(Web Express is the parent company, I think, of both 007names and
Sinonet.com the Taiwanese ICANN-accredited registrar)
007-TM-0000001 accountant.info
007-TM-0000001 available.info
007-TM-0000004 ecomputers.info
007-TM-0000005 forlease.info
007-TM-0000006 haliburton.info
007-TM-0000007 mcse.info
007-TM-0000009 naturalgas.info
007-TM-0000010 niagara.info
007-TM-0000011 pocketpc.info
007-TM-0000013 sold.info
007-TM-0000015 rea.info
007-TM-0000016 sportscapital.info
007-TM-0000017 1-800-plumbing.info
007-TM-0000018 lincoln.info
007-TM-0000018 lincolnelectric.info
007-TM-0000018 smuckers.info
007-TM-0000019 gochina.info
007-TM-0000019 goeurope.info
007-TM-0000019 gomail.info
007-TM-0000019 gonet.info
007-TM-0000020 tyr.info
007-TM-0000021 airjamaica.info
007-TM-0000021 lovebird.info

My question (apart from the issue of whether these names, applied for by an
ICANN registrar, were based on valid Trademarks) remains: what is the policy
regarding Registrars applying for themselves, particularly in Landrush
situations where this may afford them an advantage over other customers and
lead to a conflict of interests which subverts the integrity of the process
and natural fair play for other paying customers. (Please note - I am not
attributing my remarks to 007 names or its linked companies etc - I'm making
reference to them to illustrate an area where I am seeking clarification on
policy.)

Thank you

Richard