Re: [ALSC-Forum] Re: [ga] Re: http://www.dnso.org/icannatlarge/2002.ICANNATLARGE-Panel-vote.html

I am very pleased that many are doing a job and getting it done.
My hat is off to these fine folks that work so hard.
Jeff, keep up your criticism, it is a sure way to cause transparency or
prove the lack thereof.
I wish I had more time to contribute but alas, I fly to Hanoi today to work
on achieving even lower internet rates and accessibility.
"Those who can do!, those who cannot criticize." ed 2002

Thank you,
Eric

> Vittorio:
>
> I'm glad to see that you took this one opportunity to set the record
> straight on what it
> takes to create something other than the ad hoc fly-by-night,
> disorganized thing that
> we've seen in the past. However, to keep this kind of progress going,
> let me gently
>suggest that from here on out these kinds of posts that merely throw
>rotten tomatoes
> and make no contribution whatever should be totally ignored. Every
> worthwhile effort
> has the usual little pack of nay-sayers nipping at the edges, for
> whatever reason, and
> the best thing to do, methinks, is just ignore them. I am fighting off
> the temptation to
> analyze the psyches of nay-sayers, as to why they won't instead join
> the  effort in a
> positive way, and so as to succeed therein I shall say no more!
>
> Bill Lovell
>
> Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:31:22 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>> The MOST important thing is that where one does start must be
>>>on the right foot.  That has not happened with ICANNATLARGE.COM.
>>>

>>Jeff,
>>
>>I have been one of the active members on icannatlarge.com since the
>>beginning, and I can tell you that it has been so damn hard even to
>>*get* to these elections. It cost me and other people (ie Thomas
>>Roessler and Alexander Svensson) days and days of work preparing and
>>discussing things, pushing for them to actually be done, finding
>>resources (for example, a third party voting system), and keeping
>>together Joop and a temporary panel of very busy and traveling people,
>>though quite active.
>>
>>For example, Joop has been doing a great amount of work both with us
>>and on his own, and nevertheless he's not the easiest person to work
>>with, and there have been times when I didn't like at all what he was
>>doing, and we even got to flame about it. However, in the end we could
>>find an agreement that was acceptable to anyone, and though it didn't
>>completely satisfy any of us, it allowed us to proceed - and this
>>because we shared the goal to build an open effort that would allow to
>>all interested individual users of the net to self-organize, and even
>>if we didn't agree on every detail of the meaning of the words "open"
>>and "self-organize", each one accepted to sacrifice something of his
>>personal views to get to a working compromise.
>>
>>It would have been much easier for any of us to put up his own site,
>>register a few friends, and claim to be the King of the At Large. It
>>would have been even easier to flood mailing lists with complaints or
>>suspicions or pure white noise. So I know that there are many things we
>>did on which you, or others, might not agree. But if you want to build
>>something suitable for thousands of people from hundreds of countries,
> [...]

http://www.Hi-Tek.com
Reality in a Digital World

The information transmitted in this e-mail is intended for the person or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission or other use of, or
taking any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If
you receive this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete
this material from any system.  Thank you!