Re: [ga] Concerning the upcoming "rebid" vote

Eric and all assembly members,

  I fail to see that a rebid vote is a potential scenario for a self distruct
of the DNSO GA.  As a General Assembly of the DNSO which
is a Supporting organization under the ICANN corp. Umbrella
the rebid of the ICANN contracts (MoU and White Paper)
would not necessarily effect the DNSO or the DNSO GA
in such a manner.

eric@hi-tek.com wrote:

> Thank you Mr. Walsh for laying out the issue so clearly,
>
> Funny thing that Bravery is, for without its' sister Fear it does not
> exist.  One cannot be brave in the absence of fear.  (I know you think
> this is all weird but listen)
>
> The GA cannot exist without a self destruct mechanism and the willingness
> of the members to use it.
>
> Yes you are right a vote for a rebid is a self destruct vote.  But when
> you know that your mere existence is being used to promote an evil and
> unjust cause, don't you have a duty to self destruct.
>
> I am not saying I buy into this as I see many potential alternatives where
> a rebid makes things a little more in line with the green and white papers
> and ICANNs' original promises (yes a contract is a promise).
>
> Let us get behind a vote here William, dang, you and your kind might even
> win the vote in opposition to a rebid, holy cow wouldn't that be
> something! And if that happens you and I are both validated as doing
> something important here.
>
> A vote against a rebid would be great.  If that happened maybe we could
> even get some donations to run the GA outreach.
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> William X Walsh wrote:
>
> > Tuesday, May 07, 2002, 8:29:32 AM, William S. Lovell wrote:
> >
> > > Are those descriptions of ICANN?  I ask not by way of what the
> > > MOU says, but rather by way of the actual performance of ICANN
> > > over the years. If you think ICANN has abided by the MOU and the
> > > Green and White Papers, etc., you should probably oppose a rebid;
> > > if you think ICANN has not, and has failed in its obligations, you
> > > should favor one.
> >
> > That is not why someone should vote against this "motion."
> >
> > This motion should be voted against because it is an inappropriate use
> > of the DNSO General Assembly and would permanently render the GA
> > useless as a body.
> >
> > Those voting for this motion are really voting for the death of the
> > General Assembly.
> >
> > You should vote against this motion whether you support a rebid or
> > not.
> >
> > And if you support a rebid, you should join a coordinated effort to
> > get that message out.  You should not let yourself be a party to Jamie
> > Love's attempt to try and get a media victory over ICANN by
> > embarrassing it with a vote like this in its own DNSO GA, and in so
> > doing, rendering the GA permanently ineffective.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>
> > --
> > Save Internet Radio!
> > CARP will kill Webcasting!
> > http://www.saveinternetradio.org/
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827