Re: [ga] how to deal with liars?

Thomas and all assembly members

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> How should we deal with someone who purposefully misrepresents his
> identity, and participates in this list on a very active basis?

  You should seek a court injunction as soon as possible..  However
I am not aware of anyone on this list doing what you question
poses...  So if such a person exists in your mind or opinion,
perhaps you should identify that person or poster...

> Should such an individual be permanently blocked from posting?

  Yes if and only if that person can be proved in a court of
competent jurisdiction as fraudulent or misrepresenting
his/her self in some substantial way.

> Should such an individual also be blocked from receiving the GA list
> through e-mail?

  Same as above.  However unless that person is convicted or
has such a judgment placed upon them to do either would
perhaps constitute a form of censorship.  And Censorship
in any of it's forms is wrong!

> Your comments, please.
> --
> Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827