Re: [ga] how to deal with liars?

Dear Chair,
Actually one of the elementary human right is the right to network aliases.
Another is not to be insulted because taking advantage from a right.

That some country's law is not as much developped as others (like the UK)
is one thing, that as a Chair you ignore the terms of the GA registration
is acceptable, but that you potentially insult a certain category of
Members because they take advantage from a lgitmate right of theirs is IMHO
a mistake.

You question is probably: "some members may use aliases to protect their
identity. How can we make sure that the same person does not use several
aliases when voting or being elected". In other terms how can we make sure
that Thomas is not Alexander and that WXW is not Joop.

If you really ar concerned about contributions and their signatorees it
would mean that you pay more attention to the form than to the matter. What
I do not believe.
jfc

On 12:34 16/05/02, Thomas Roessler said:

>How should we deal with someone who purposefully misrepresents his
>identity, and participates in this list on a very active basis?
>
>Should such an individual be permanently blocked from posting?
>
>Should such an individual also be blocked from receiving the GA list
>through e-mail?
>
>Your comments, please.
>--
>Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/