Re: [ga] ICANN considers anonymous registration

Eric and all assembly members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Dear Members,
>
> This is not a small matter and should be investigated by members of the
> GA.  Please everyone look into this further and bring it to our
> attention.  Danny and Marc and Andy what have you found along these same
> lines.
> Are we not the GA of the DOMAIN NAME SUPPORT ORGANIZATION?

  Yes we are.  However it appears that amongst us and most especially
members of the ICANN BoD would seem to wish or desire that only
certain Domain Name owners are eligible to participate or otherwise
join the "Club".  This would seem to leave out an already huge (16m + or
- a few 100k Domain name owners) and growing, that are domain name holders
in Inclusive and competitive registries/roots.  As such, it seem fairly
obvious
that such action(s) are in stark contrast to the White Paper and the MoU.

   Now with regards to the subject of this thread, it seems obvious that
a portion of my original response was "Snipped" in Eric's response.
So be it for now.  Possibly I will re-add it later.  In any event, it seems
from our members perspective that the Opt-in or Opt-out considerations
fro the Whois data is being circumvented in the ICANN BoD's response
to the survey.  We predicted this would be a potential outcome if you review

the archives of these forum.  As such, it is again a seeming attempt to
circumvent the desire of the Stakeholders/interested parties in so doing
with the ICANN BoD's and staffs response enumerated in the
zdnet's news report below...

> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > All assembly members,
> >
> >   The following article is very interesting in light of Marc's latest
> > post regarding ICANN and it's Root servers Domain Name(s).
> >
> > http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2800615,00.html
>
> I am beginning to like this zdnet group!
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827