Re: [ga] Constituency Formation & Individuals Constituency

David and all assembly members,

DPF wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:59:46 +0000, "Roberto Gaetano"
> <ga_list@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Good morning, it's me again.
> >
> >The current position in the Task Force is that general criteria for adding
> >constituencies should be defined prior to creation of a single new
> >constituency.
>
> As I alluded to changing the rules again.  This must be the 6th time.
> Sigh.

  Well anytime someone doesn't like the direction the majority seems to
desire or cannot adequately persuade the majority in their direction,
they seek to change the rules.  Kinda like playground games that
small children play...

> >So, what I would propose is "yes" to the definition of general rules with
> >tight deadlines, but also a statement of principle by NC declaring the
> >availability to evaluate in the shortest delays a proposal for
> >Individuals/Registrants.
>
> This is probably the best that can be achieved but be very very
> careful of what gets into the proposed guidelines all rules.  If for
> example one of them is that the constituency must be able to pay an
> equal share of DNSO costs then you have probably doomed a Registrants
> Constituency for all time.
>
> I would also argue that any new rules should be measured against how
> existing constituencies would comply.  People say they are worried
> about how one can check if an individual is a real person but does the
> Business Constituency check in all 169 countries if a business member
> is real?
>
> >Our target should be to work on such proposal while the requirements are
> >being shaped up, in order to have a sound document for MdR-2001.
>
> DPF
> --
> david@farrar.com
> ICQ 29964527

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827