Re: [ga] Position Statement

Jefsey,

>Without any real advantage to the cause they were to investigate the ALSC
>does not respect the consensus embodied by the White Paper and the MoU,
>limiting the Internet Participants representation to less than one third of
>the BoD.

"the consensus embodied by the White Paper"?!? Did we vote on it? When did
that happen? I must have missed it!
Why is everybody so critical (and maybe rightfully so) about the consensus
building process of ICANN, but ready to accept as "consensus" a document by
the US Government? Let's face it, the White Paper has the obvious advantage
of being less absurd than the Green Paper who preceded it, and kudos to whom
kindly accepted some of the overwhelming criticism of the Internet Community
to the previous paper, but from this to proclaim consensus, there's a long
way.
It is accepted not by consensus, but because it is the will of the master of
the game, kind of "these are the rules: take it or leave it".

Regards
Roberto