Re: [ga] Position Statement

Roberto and all assembly members,

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Jefsey,
>
> >Without any real advantage to the cause they were to investigate the ALSC
> >does not respect the consensus embodied by the White Paper and the MoU,
> >limiting the Internet Participants representation to less than one third of
> >the BoD.
>
> "the consensus embodied by the White Paper"?!? Did we vote on it? When did
> that happen? I must have missed it!

  Yes you must have missed it.  In fact I don't recall even seeing any comments
by you to the DOC/NTIA at the time.  There was a forum by which
one could submit comments of the Green Paper and than the White Paper
that were read by the DOC/NTIA with great earnest.  Hence the determination
that the White Paper have wide spread support, ergo consensus.

  There are parts of the White Paper that I did not personally prefer, as
I rather preferred the Green Paper.

> Why is everybody so critical (and maybe rightfully so) about the consensus
> building process of ICANN, but ready to accept as "consensus" a document by
> the US Government?

  I am not sure that such a comparison is a valid one.  But I will say that
due to the lack of trust the the majority of the current ICANN BoD and staff
have engendered is the most likely reason why there is such a discrepancy.
This distrust has been unfortunately earned.  That distrust was predominantly
earned due to the breaking of promises already made by it, and the fact that
the "Boardsquatters" still remain on the BoD that should not.  Ergo again,
one of the predominant reasons why andy consensus claimed by the ICANN
BoD is highly questionable and not legitimate.  It shall likely remain so.

> Let's face it, the White Paper has the obvious advantage
> of being less absurd than the Green Paper who preceded it, and kudos to whom
> kindly accepted some of the overwhelming criticism of the Internet Community
> to the previous paper, but from this to proclaim consensus, there's a long
> way.

  Many did not think that the Green Paper was "Absurd" as you put it here
Roberto.  But you are of course entitled to your opinion.  >;)

> It is accepted not by consensus, but because it is the will of the master of
> the game, kind of "these are the rules: take it or leave it".

  Well of course this is a nice way to conclude you obviously flawed argument.
But as I have shown above the obvious flawed premises in your argument
show us all that such a conclusion as you come to here are without much
merit.  Nice try, no cigar!

> Regards
> Roberto

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827