Re: [ga] Position Statement

Eric and all assembly members,

  Good read/catch here Eric!  Well Done!

  It would appear that Roberto is trying to obviscate the essence of the
White Paper/MoU and the meaning and determination of Consensus
in one stroke or basic flawed argument.  Unfortunately he is not clever
enough to escape or dissuade all of us here.  >;)

Eric Dierker wrote:

> I like this Roberto,
>
> You have something here but it is all wrong.
>
> As any negotiator knows a contract of Memorandum of Understanding is exactly a
> consensus of two or more parties.  "Papers" as are used in this type of parlance
> are exactly consensus documents. As are an RFC which is commented on and not
> forced back into hither lands.  Just as here a paper agreed to by two and
> proffered to the group and then begrudgingly accepted becomes our consensus.
>
> But I get where you are going here;  You and staff and some task forces are
> going to call into question the green & white papers and the MoU and then you
> can redefine internet user all the way to just you and them.
>
> Do not rewrite documented history, a contract and/or MoU is a consensus in its
> truest form. (that is unless it is obtained by collusion, adhesion or fraud; hm
> any gtld contracts come to mind)
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
> > Jefsey,
> >
> > >Without any real advantage to the cause they were to investigate the ALSC
> > >does not respect the consensus embodied by the White Paper and the MoU,
> > >limiting the Internet Participants representation to less than one third of
> > >the BoD.
> >
> > "the consensus embodied by the White Paper"?!? Did we vote on it? When did
> > that happen? I must have missed it!
> > Why is everybody so critical (and maybe rightfully so) about the consensus
> > building process of ICANN, but ready to accept as "consensus" a document by
> > the US Government? Let's face it, the White Paper has the obvious advantage
> > of being less absurd than the Green Paper who preceded it, and kudos to whom
> > kindly accepted some of the overwhelming criticism of the Internet Community
> > to the previous paper, but from this to proclaim consensus, there's a long
> > way.
> > It is accepted not by consensus, but because it is the will of the master of
> > the game, kind of "these are the rules: take it or leave it".
> >
> > Regards
> > Roberto

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827