Re: [ga] Re: ALSC draft -- Outreach

Eric and all assembly members,

  Technical competence doesn't seem to be one of the ICANN BoD
and staff's long suit.  This has been made evident in the number of
occasions where the ICANN Web site has been down and the obvious
poor design of it.  However this brings into question AGAIN the
competence of the ability to carry out it's technical advisory
requirements...

Eric Dierker wrote:

> This is silly Mr. Lynn,
>
> A decent tech can do that in a day, you are not sincere as you run your
> site and this hurts your credibility.
>
> Eric
>
> "M. Stuart Lynn" wrote:
>
> > Danny -- many thankls for your suggestion. We were in the process of
> > restructuring the "New and Noteworthy" section to consolidate
> > references to the Montevideo meetings. As you can see this now
> > includes a reference to the ALSC report.
> >
> > Stuart
> >
> > At 12:55 PM -0400 8/29/01, dannyyounger@cs.com wrote:
> > >I note that the ALSC draft report is still not published as "New and
> > >Noteworthy" on ICANN's main website.  As the potential
> > >re-structuring of the ICANN organization is certainly worthy of
> > >considerable discussion, would it not be appropriate to prominently
> > >cite the document and to create a public forum link so that public
> > >comments might be received?
> > >
> > >Outreach is a pro-active effort.  If we truly wish to obtain
> > >consensus, we should endeavor in good faith to make it possible for
> > >the public to become aware of the issues and to respond accordingly.
> >
> > --
> >
> > __________________
> > Stuart Lynn
> > President and CEO
> > ICANN
> > 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
> > Marina del Rey, CA 90292
> > Tel: 310-823-9358
> > Fax: 310-823-8649
> > Email: lynn@icann.org
> > --
> > This message was passed to you via the ga-full@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827