[ga] Security

There has been a fair amount of discussion on this list and elsewhere
regarding the upcoming Marina del Rey agenda.   I would remind you that as an
organization, we are committed to abiding by the principles articulated in
the White Paper:

"...the stability of the Internet should be the first priority of any DNS
management system. Security and reliability of the DNS are important aspects
of stability, and as a new DNS management system is introduced, a
comprehensive security strategy should be developed."

In light of the recent tragic events, it is entirely appropriate for our
Chief Executive Officer to focus our collective efforts toward
security-related issues.   That is his prerogative and duty.  Doubtless there
are significant considerations that prompted his decision to depart from the
usual format.  As further announcements will be forthcoming next week, and as
input has been requested (Please send any comments or questions to
meeting@icann.org), I would ask this assembly to forward their thoughts and
concerns accordingly.

Please remember that under our Bylaws, "The President will be the Chief
Executive Officer (CEO) of the Corporation in charge of all of its activities
and business."  Many of us may not agree with his decision, but in this
instance, it is his decision to make.