Re[2]: [ga] Review Task Force report

At 04:34 30/09/01 -0700, "The most advanced domain lookup tool on the
net"  wrote:
>Saturday, Saturday, September 29, 2001, 10:26:31 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > Now I have got that off my chest, may I please ask Danny once more to
> start
> > acting as a real chair
>
>According to him he is acting like a real chair.
>
>His position is that the Chair position is nothing but a bully pulpit,
>and that those who voted for him wanted it that way.

If this is true, then Danny is acting as a Leader , rather than a Chair.
This may indeed have been the result of a Chair election, rather than the
GA accepting an appointed Chair from the NC.
So be it.
Mailing lists are a landscape with multiple bully pulpits and being Chair
makes little difference.

To help Danny doing his volunteer job, I see merit in Eric's request for
Danny to appoint sub-list Chairs willing and able to do the job of
collating disjointed postings into consensus documents and fostering
compromise between diverging viewpoints.

The GA needs leadership, but it also needs Chairs and procedure to ensure
that good consensus substance can be produced.

--Joop