Re: Re[3]: [ga] Review Task Force report

Joop, William,

>>As long as he is our chair, the GA will remain in the stalemate it has
>>been in since Roberto's departure.
>
>In the physical GA Danny did allright. Roberto now has the position to do
>something about DNSO review, but results are not showing either.

I believe that Danny is doing much better than anybody could expect, given
the quantity and difficulty of the problems on the floor, and the amount of
material to read, digest, and discuss.
I have met him in Montevideo, and told him that the only thing he had to
work on is a more diplomatic approach. But I am not sure that in this
situation even a more diplomatic approach would have helped much.

Also, we have to admit that we are not giving him a lot of help. Including
the fact that I used to have an Alternate Chair that was chiming in in the
(frequent) periods in which I had pressure from other commitments, while
Danny is absolutely alone.
Can somebody explain me why we talk about replacing a Chair that is doing
something, even if not everybody agrees with him, and not rather an
Alternate Chair, that is completely absent?

>>I've asked the NC intake committee to put replacing Danny on the NC
>>agenda, perhaps others will do the same.
>
>Replacing an elected Chair with an appointed one at this time would be an
>extremely undiplomatic gesture by the NC, serving only to inflame the
>situation more and hastening its own demise.

Not only that: it will provide additional ammunition to those in the NC that
state that the GA needs "adult supervision" by the NC.

>If there is any replacing to be done, it should come from the bottom up.
>Unfortunately, the GA lacks the procedure for it.

Danny is struggling for the survival of the GA.
Please don't make things even more difficult to him.

Regards
Roberto