Re[4]: [ga] Review Task Force report

Sunday, Sunday, September 30, 2001, 8:32:15 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> Replacing an elected Chair with an appointed one at this time would be an
> extremely undiplomatic gesture by the NC, serving only to inflame the
> situation more and hastening its own demise.

> If there is any replacing to be done, it should come from the bottom up.
> Unfortunately, the GA lacks the procedure for it.

The only procedure is for the NC to call for a new one.  I'm assuming
that would also mean a new vote for nomination to the NC to ratify.
Or perhaps the NC will use the dismal failure of this chair to justify
not letting the GA select their own.

I'd say our current chair has done more harm to the credibility of the
GA than the things he constantly rails himself against.  I wouldn't
blame the NC if they decided not to listen to the GA's nomination next
time around.  I would be disappointed, but I wouldn't blame them.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>