Re: [ga] NC agenda

Dear Eric,
thanks. But a few remarks.

On 17:04 05/10/01, Eric Dierker said:
>I think that you are right on the money here Jefsey.  I suppose one could be a
>member of several NIC GAs.  However I think until we get more involvement we
>had better not diffuse this GA to quickly.  Even the seven sublists caused
>problems of dividing and diluting.

The point is not in diluting the GA. But in amalgamating the GAs of many
structures in a single concept.  We have 900 people at DNSO/GA. Let assume
each NIC has an average 200 new people GA. That IETF, ISOC, W3C, Members
etc... are accepted as part of the GA, we will probably have 50.000 @large.
These people would be known to each others, motivated and active, used to
vote on issues together. All the year long.

This is the position of the IALNA.

>Our chairs job is not moderator or king it is to ensure we may speak and to
>ensure our voices are heard.  This Danny is doing, rather well.  He has reined
>in censorship and he is constantly badgering those in other places to hear the
>GA.
>
>An active Alt-chair would be helpful for organization sake, like trying to
>find
>rough consensus.  But that is all right to, because no one on staff or the BoD
>can claim they did not hear what the GA said.

The Chair is to be a catalyst. There are more active than others. I must
say that when you have no tool as Danny has not (not site, no boot, no
consensus building tool), you have to use your voice. Well, Danny does it
well. But I would have preferred we got or build he tools.

Jefsey