Re: 911 (was Re: [ga] Immediate Action (Was Re: Recall of GAChair)

on 10/4/01 8:21 PM, Sotiris Sotiropoulos at sotiris@hermesnetwork.com wrote:

> As we sit here contemplating the removal of the Chair, there is currently a
> new gTLD introduction going on.  The .info irregularities which I raised are
> still... well, irregular.  The very idea that this sort of stuff is going on
> should be an important signal about what has happened since the Intellectual
> Property interests took control of domain policy for the WWW.  It's truly a
> mess.  Thanks for nihil ladies and gents.  I am considering the likelihood of
> some pretty nasty legal scenarios.  [But hey, they're lawyers right?  what
> else could they want?}
>
> Question:  Why is it that the small registrars (dotster, gandi etc.,) are not
> currently doing real-time registrations,  but the big boys (verisign and
> register.com) are able to do so?
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos
> Hermes Network Inc.

And to add to Dotster complaints, why did I receive email confirmation that
my business domain name had been successfully registered and my credit card
debited, only to receive a retraction later for undisclosed reasons?

Regards,
Joanna