Re: [ga] Re: VeriSign/RealNames - XTNS

Paul,

I'll do my best to respond, but you are so far off the mark it may be
difficult. But here goes ...

> This related to Jefsey's question: "Question to XTNS: you said you were
> exclusive? Are you with
> them on this?"

I didn't see that remark by Jefsey. However, the answer is, no XTNS is not
in any way involved with this deal between Realnames and VeriSign which
(once again) is solely for RN's keyword products/services.

> Either you have amnesia or selective memory, because you were originally
> offering "namespaces"  (which you also called "domains" and "domain names"
> on your site) using prefixes of www. sex. store. and corp. - this was the
> main push at your site.  These were dotted realnames keywords, that was
> exactly how your technology was supposed to work but microsoft prevented
you
> from doing this even though you said you were working with microsoft when
> questioned on this via your message board.

Our namespaces are NOT "dotted keywords." Our system is entirely independant
from that of Realnames other than for the single point of contact where they
bounce the strings to us, MSFT having first bounced them to RN from IE. We
are still working to correct the error in the new 404 page code so that all
characters can resolve to our system. That remains true now. All the prefix
domains are still on offer on our site.

> In addition, your site made numerous fraudulent statements, such as :
>
> "XTNS DOMAINS CAN BE VIEWED BY OVER 360,000,000 INTERNET USERS WORLDWIDE!"
>
> and
>
> "XTNS Domains are accessible by over 87% of Internet users worldwide! "
>
> and
>
> "Anyone can view XTNS Domains as long as they are using the Microsoft
> Internet Explorer browser (version 5.0 or higher). which over 87% users
> worldwide do."

All these statements are true according to the data we have been supplied
with by our partners. The XTNS system by virtue of working via the IE
browser is accessible by an estimated 360,000,000 Internet users, which is
approximately 87% of all users.

> "RealNames Chief Executive Keith Teare confirmed the problem, saying it
> stems from the recent IE upgrade. But he doesn't expect any changes to the
> browser's autosearch.
>
> "XTNS namespaces that have a period...have ceased to function," he said.
"We
> don't think this status will change; it will remain this way for the
> foreseeable future."

The article clearly mis-quoted Keith Teare. In any event, the fact is we are
still working on resolving the technical issues that impact certain of our
pure-ASCII namespaces only, but they do not impact any of our multilingual
namespaces at all. Multilingual and mixed ML/ASCII are working perfectly --
as you know if you have visited our site.

> and
>
> "Hundreds of companies have registered such addresses under XTNS' service
> with RealNames, which went into effect Aug. 15, Langdell said. The
Pasadena,
> Calif.-based company says it was forced to suspend service to about 300
> customers because of the new IE feature."
>
> How on earth can you make the statement that these were not dotted
keywords
> when they relied on the realnames keyword resolver to work?

You lost me here ... First our namespaces do not rely on "Realnames keyword
resolver" to work. Second, I did not say what the article reported me
saying. But even if it was what I said it would in no way suggest that our
namespaces are "dotted keywords" -- again, they are not.

> You simply removed all mention of these prefixed "namespaces" from your
site
> and have since acted as though they never existed.  You have a novel
concept
> of "enhancing" a service range.

We have not removed them from our site. You can still reserve names within
all these namespaces via our site if you wish.