Re: [ga] Re: NC meeting

WXW and all assembly members,

William X Walsh wrote:

> Friday, Friday, October 12, 2001, 1:20:57 AM, Philip Sheppard wrote:
>
> > William,
> > the NC discussed your request at its meeting yesterday but did not consider
> > it was appropriate to take it further at this stage.
>
> So, the GA must remain without a Chair who believes in building
> consensus on issues to bring to the NC or the ICANN BOD?

  And I was just thinking after Eric had expressed to me privately the
you were becoming a positive participant in the DNSO GA.  How
sad that Eric was so wrong in that assessment.

  Danny is doing a good job overall in his position as Chair.  No,
he is not perfect.  Let he who is without sin cast the first
stone.  I guess you are without sin WXW?!  Hummmm?

  It is obvious to me anyway and it seems as well as with a number of
other GA participants/members that your opinion again is not
broadly shared, WXW.  Therefore I find Phillips comments
and in this instance the NC's position on this issue the
proper one.  I invite other GA members to avail themselves
to providing their assessments on the NC's position in this instance
yet AGAIN.

> Sorry, Philip, but I consider this decision irresponsible, and I will
> be calling each individual member of the Names Council to task on this
> decision on the GA list, and asking them to justify their position.  I
> will make a list, and place all NC members on there, as those who
> support that kind of ineffective chair for the GA, and will remove
> those who make clear statements that they would support action to get
> a real chair for the GA.
>
> You read his post, he believes that bringing issues from the GA to the
> NC is a waste of time, and refuses to engage in that kind of action,
> when that is EXACTLY what he is supposed to be doing.
>
> What possible reason could exist to leave him in place after he made
> that statement that he was not going to do what he was appointed to
> do?
>
> > We will however be asking the GA chair for his recommendations following the
> > resignation of the alt chair.
>
> You expect him to give you more guidance than he has ever given the
> GA?
>
> The GA, and thus the bottom up process that the DNSO is supposed to
> have, CANNOT gain legitimacy in this environment.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827