Re: [ga] Business Constituency and the GA

At 10:56 22/11/01 +1300, Peter Dengate Thrush wrote:

>In my country, the registry is contractually bound by policies developed by
>the consensus processes adopted by InternetNZ.

Which means in practice that registrar-registrant contracts are no longer
unilaterally written by the registrars or by the registry.

>That is why, incidentally, the DNSO needs to remain as it is, as the
>debating chamber for the development of consensus policies affecting the
>g-TLDs, including those interested in and affected by gTLD policies, while
>the ccSO* is the forum for developing both the binding and the voluntary
>policies across the ccTLds.

Agreed.
With the addition, of course, that new constituencies such as the
Individual DN Holder constituency and (now necessitated by the purge within
the BC) a SME constituency can enter the DNSO to take part in these debates
and in any policy proposals that are sent up to the Board.

Joop Teernstra LL.M.
Councillor
InternetNZ