Re[4]: [ga] Domain Transfers

Thursday, Thursday, December 13, 2001, 4:48:50 PM, L Gallegos wrote:

> I beg to differ, William.  There are warnings to that effect.  It has
> happened many times to many people.  Transfers are initiated and
> somehow disappear into limbo resulting in the loss of the registration.
> Whether it is caused by a glitch in the system or not is immaterial.  It
> happens.  It recently happened to an ISP who was transferring several
> domains.  At least one went into the vortex somewhere.

Some specific examples please?

Every time this issue comes up on other lists, it's always a case of
someone who heard from someone else about something that happened to
someone else, but there is never any concrete documented examples to
back up the allegation.

It really sounds like another net urban legend, especially since it
doesn't jive with the process used for domain transfers.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>