Re: Re[4]: [ga] Domain Transfers

I will ask the individual (ISP) who had the experience if he or she wishes
to report the incident(s) to this list.  It was not a chain of people as you
insinuate, but rather the person who was handling the transfers directly.
I do not indiscrimately report incidents on this or any other list.  At the
same time, I do not use names unless I have permission to do so.

Additionally, I have had others relate similar situations to me, but,
again, do not report them to this list.  I would not have mentioned this
incident had you not made your comment.  IMO, it is not a good idea to
make categorical statements such as yours and then not expect to see
a refutation of that comment.  I also do not really feel compelled to
provide you with specifics on any one incident that may be the basis for
possible actions on the part of the parties to it.

I will say this, however.  When I transferred in excess of 20 domains
from NSI, the gaining registrar warned me that there was always the
possibility of domains being lost during the transfer and that it had
happened in past.  I spoke (on the phone) to more than one registrar, all
of whom told me the same thing.  Domains are inadvertantly lost during
transfer occasionally and there is a risk.  Gaining registrars will not take
responsibility in such cases, so you must weigh that knowledge and
make your own decisions.

Leah