Re: Membership criteria - was [ga] NC BS

WXW and all assembly members,

  Is that a "Residency Requirement" of the Internet or of the
DNSO GA?  How does one RESIDE in the DNSO GA or
for that matter the internet?   Has any other existing
DNSO GA member that is a voting member EVER
had to meet some arbitrary "Residency Requirement"?
To my knowledge, none have.  So that leaves, should there
NOW be such a "Residency Requirement"?  I think not.
The reason is that as far as I know the White Paper nor
the MoU have any such language or requirement for
a stakeholder/user or Interested Party...  Hence such
a requirement would be paramount or constitute
gerrymandering.  I believe that the US Supreme Court
ruled such practices for non-profit organizations many
years ago...  But if you doubt that you can look it up
now as all Supreme Court decisions are online...

Next!

William X Walsh wrote:

> Friday, May 17, 2002, 8:13:46 PM, t byfield wrote:
>
> > but really, the idea that outreach/input promoted by motion #1 should
> > be spoken of in the same context as (alleged) ballot-stuffing is ludi-
> > crous.
>
> It's not ballot stuffing, its issue shopping by soliciting voters who
> otherwise are not participants in the process.
>
> A "residency requirement" of say 3 months would be an effective way of
> preventing that from occurring, without excluding people for arbitrary
> reasons.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>
> --
> Save Internet Radio!
> CARP will kill Webcasting!
> http://www.saveinternetradio.org/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827