RE: Re[2]: [ga] Songbird in the BC?

On 12:07 25/10/01, Dassa said:
>I often get asked what sort of business DHS International is in.  I tell
>them we are an ISP.  My reasons for this are we provide services on the
>Internet and although we do not supply connectivity for our users we do
>assist with connectivity to them.  DHS provides domain/hostname services.
>
>Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.

You qualify as a .... registrar? registry? however you are a purely and
legitimate Business. Try to get into the DNSO/BC.

I also suggest you join the Internet Business Association we are trying to
set-up - attention: the IBA is not ICANN oriented, it is pure Internet
(based) business oriented. Right now just trying to gather a diversified
bootstrap as we go, to register as non-profit organization to protect name,
have a base for stability and secretariat, domain name and mailing list.
The whole thing will be structured through bylaws the boostrap will
discuss. There is no reason why the BC could not be the IBA interface to
the ICANN should it resumes a democratic stance.
Jefsey