Re: [ga] Business Constituency and the GA

Eric and all assembly members,

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Good points here Jeff,
>
> If there was one thing worth taking away from the ICANN meetings on
> security, it is that
> we must diversify not consolidate.

  Yes diversification is by design better security overall.  It is harder
to implement however.  But usually thing that are more difficult to do
are better overall.  I hearken back to JFK's speech about going
to the moon in this regard.  "We will go to the moon and do other
things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard".

  The ICANN BoD and staff will have to decide if they are up
to the challenge.  If not, the stakeholder and internet community
will do it for them.  In fact they already are.  More willing
and able organizations are coming online with this all the time
as I have tried to indicate quoting various organizations
such as Sans ect.

  The ICANN BoD and staff of course are trying to make the
case that security and privacy are at odds.  Quite the contrary
is the reality however.  Without a certain amount of privacy
you cannot have good security.

> Eric
>
> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Eric and all assembly members,
> >
> > Eric Dierker wrote:
> >
> > > Nah,
> > >
> > > Peter and all ccTLD managers.  get out while you can.  Including dotUS and neulevel.
> >
> >   Perhaps a dotUSA .USA will offer some competition for the now newly
> > emergency delegated .US to Nuelevel in the near future?  Perhaps
> > even New.net will or would be interested in offering .USA as
> > a new gTLD?
> >

> > > You guys are in the best position to represent the countries and the local users.
> > > ICANN has no business telling countries how to manage their domain names.
> >
> >   Indeed ICANN does not have any such right.  However the GAC
> > which is made up of representatives from these respective countries
> > believes it has the political  clout to effectively do so.
> >

> > > Eric

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 121k members/stakeholdes strong!)
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> > Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams