Re: [ga] DNSO Constituency Structure

Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:55:00 -0500, Sandy Harris wrote:

> There is, as far as I can see, no reason to imagine that something
> that achieves a majority in the GA has broad support among users
> or any other relevant group.

Exactly.  Whilst I take Joanna's point about process, I am sure that the
structure influences the process.  It's a bit like the British adversarial
system of law where the system of pitting of one party against another
inevitably influences the legal processes of challenge and cross
examination.

Which is why I proposed that the Address Supporting Organisation (ASO) and
the Protocol Supporting Organisation (PSO) be merged together.  That would
lift the status of the DNSO from a third to a half share of the power
structure.

I note that nobody has argued against that course of action !!

Anyone?

Regards
Patrick Corliss