Re: Re[6]: [ga] Domain Transfers

I have emailed the person who had the domain fall into the vortex and
that person may email you personally.  It is not up to me to relate that
individual's incident here.  Let's just say it was a monumental screw up,
and not unusual, incident.

I have received many emails (because of one of my websites) regarding
domains being lost.  I do not feel it is my privilege to post personal
information on a public list and will not do so.  However, I cannot
discount the fact that these incidents do occur and I have followed up on
many of them just for my own education.

In any case, say what you will, but I know first hand that it happens and
also know which registrars told me that it could happen and has
happened AND that there is no guarantee that transfer will be without
such an incident.  To me, as a registrant, it makes no difference
whether it is NSI or another registrar that is involved, or which person at
those registrars are involved or why it happens.  The only thing of
interest to the registrant is that it DOES happen.

Just because all incidents are not made public on this list, does not
make it a non issue.  Out of millions of registrants, there are around 900
subscribed to this list, not all of whom are domain name holders. This is
a rather small group of people.  It is highly unlikely that registrars will
make such incidents known here either.  It's not exactly in their best
interests.

IMO, the bottom line is that in such a case, there has to be a guarantee
that the domain will, in fact, not be lost to the registrant if transfer is
initiated - for any reason.

Leah